NetBeans 7.2 on Fedora 18/17, CentOS/RHEL 6.3/5.8
NetBeans 7.2 is released and this is guide with screenshots, howto install NetBeans 7.2 on Fedora 18/17/16/15/14/13/12, CentOS 6.3/6.2/6.1/6/5.7 and Red Hat (RHEL) 6.3/6.2/6.1/6/5.7.
What is NetBeans?
Whats New on NetBeans 7.2?
- Significant performance increase on remote filesystems, improved project scanning speed, and background project scanning
- Java Editor enhancements
- Java SE Development Kit 7 Update 4 support
- Redesigned search history in supported version control systems and support for Mercurial Queues
- Ant 1.8.3 is supported and bundled with the IDE
- Bundled version of Maven is upgraded to 3.0.4
- Debugger improvements
- PHP 5.4 support
Install NetBeans 7.2 on Fedora 18/17/16, CentOS 6.3/5.8, Red Hat (RHEL) 6.3/5.8
1. Install Sun’s Java
You have to install Sun’s Java, because NetBeans won’t currently run with OpenJDK. Here is the guide, howto install Sun/Oracle Java JDK 7 on Fedora, CentOS, Red Hat (RHEL).
2. Download NetBeans 7.2
Select best suitable version or select whole package.
3. Change to root
su - ## OR ## sudo -i
4. Make package executable
chmod +x netbeans-7.2-ml-linux.sh
4. Run installer (as root)
5. NetBeans IDE Welcome Screen
6. Accept NetBeans Licenses
7. Choose a NetBeans Installation Directory and JDK version
8. Check NetBeans Installation Summary
9. Installing NetBeans IDE
10. NetBeans IDE Installation Complete
11. Start NetBeans 7.2 IDE
/path/to/netbeans-7.2/bin/netbeans ## Example ## /opt/netbeans-7.2/bin/netbeans
Or Start NetBeans with using desktop launcher.