What is NetBeans?
Whats New on NetBeans 6.9.1?
NetBeans 6.9.1 introduces the JavaFX Composer, a visual layout tool for building JavaFX GUI applications, similar to the Swing GUI builder for Java SE applications.
- Support for JavaFX SDK 1.3
- PHP Zend framework
- New PHP formatter with many formatting rules
- Ruby on Rails 3.0 support
- Refactoring and find usages for CSS and HTML-like languages
- Spell checker support in the Editor
- Improvements to the Java Editor, Java Debugger, issue tracking
Install NetBeans 6.9.1 on Fedora, CentOS, Red Hat (RHEL)
1. Install Sun’s Java
I recommend to install Sun’s Java, because I think NetBeans works faster with Sun’s Java. Here is the guide, howto install Sun/Oracle Java JDK 6 on Fedora, CentOS, Red Hat (RHEL). OpenJDK should also work.
2. Download NetBeans 6.9.1
from Sun’s NetBeans download page
Select best suitable version or select whole package.
3. Make package executable
chmod +x netbeans-6.9.1-ml-linux.sh
4. Change to root
su - ## OR ## sudo -i
5. Run installer (as root)
6. NetBeans 6.9.1 Installer starts
7. NetBeans IDE 6.9.1 Welcome Screen
7. Accept NetBeans 6.9.1 License
8. Choose a NetBeans 6.9.1 Installation Directory and JDK Directory
9. Check NetBeans 6.9.1 Installation Summary
10. Installing NetBeans 6.9.1 IDE
11. NetBeans 6.9.1 IDE Installation Complete
12. Start NetBeans 6.9.1 IDE
/path/to/netbeans-6.9.1/bin/netbeans ## Example ## /opt/netbeans-6.9.1/bin/netbeans
Or Start NetBeans with using desktop launcher.