Table of Contents
NetBeans 7.4 is released and this is guide with screenshots, howto install NetBeans 7.4 on Fedora 20/19/18/17/16/15, CentOS 6.5/5.10 and Red Hat (RHEL) 6.5/5.10.
What is NetBeans?⌗
Whats New on NetBeans 7.4?⌗
- HTML5 features available in Java EE projects
- Preview support for JDK 8 features: Profiles, Lambdas
- Nette Framework 2 (with Latte templates) and Zend Framework 2 support
- Support for Android and iOS Browsers
- Editing support for AngularJS, Knockout and ExtJS frameworks
- HTML5 features available in PHP applications
- Enhancements to Versioning tools: Subversion, Git, Mercurial
Complete feature list from NetBeans site.
Install NetBeans 7.4 on Fedora 20/19/18, CentOS 6.5/5.10, Red Hat (RHEL) 6.5/5.10⌗
1. Install Sun’s Java⌗
You have to install Sun’s Java, because NetBeans won’t currently run with OpenJDK. Here is the guide, howto install Oracle Java JDK 7 on Fedora, CentOS, Red Hat (RHEL).
2. Download NetBeans 7.4⌗
Select best suitable version or select whole package.
3. Change to root⌗
su - ## OR ## sudo -i
4. Make package executable⌗
chmod +x netbeans-7.4-ml-linux.sh
4. Run installer (as root)⌗
5. NetBeans IDE Welcome Screen⌗
6. Accept NetBeans Licenses⌗
7. Choose a NetBeans Installation Directory and JDK version⌗
8. Check NetBeans Installation Summary⌗
9. Installing NetBeans IDE⌗
10. NetBeans IDE Installation Complete⌗
11. Start NetBeans 7.4 IDE⌗
/path/to/netbeans-7.4/bin/netbeans ## Example ## /opt/netbeans-7.4/bin/netbeans
Or Start NetBeans with using desktop launcher.